Better Health – Every Mind Matters
At EP Risk Consultancy, health and safety always comes first for us. But this doesn’t just mean your physical safety – it’s important to look after your mental health too.
That’s why we’re supporting Public Health England’s ‘Better Health – Every Mind Matters’ campaign. They say “when things aren’t so good out there, make inside feel better” – we couldn’t have said it better ourselves.
When looking after your mental health, their top tips cover:
Improving your mood
- Learn to manage unhelpful thoughts
- Try talking to someone about what you’re feeling
- Try staying active as frequently as possible
- Try dividing big tasks into smaller ones
- Create a to-do list
- Again, try staying active as frequently as possible
Dealing with anxiety
- Try short breathing exercises
- Learn to manage anxious thoughts
- Try keeping a mood diary
Getting a better night’s sleep
- Stick to regular sleeping hours
- Try not look at your phone at least an hour before bed
- Turn your clock away so you can’t see it
Because remember, every mind matters. For further support, please see the NHS guidance on looking after your mental health.
Should you wish to discuss any issues raised in this article, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with a member of our team.